Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I can't even think what I did last weekend but I sure didn't write. Maybe I am kidding myself by trying to pretend I have been thinking about the novel! But I started a new character, and then it stalled.
Back at work, full speed on the 10th, so tired and the brain keeps focusing on work stuff and suddenly writing is out the door again. It's all excuses really, but I do think I am ready to tackle the rewrite of the first section and fear is creeping up. What if I am wasting my time? What do I think I am doing?
Great news yesterday that my publisher has sold one of my books to the US. That cheered me up no end. Temperature today is 38-40 degrees (over 100) which doesn't help. I need to make a commitment to myself - write no matter what, even if it is only a few pages at a time. Or even one. Just one.

No comments: