Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This Meme Thing

I've been meaning to do the Seven Things that Inspire Me meme, but this one came up on Paperback Writer's blog, so here goes:
Four jobs I've had or currently have in my life:
1. Writer
2. Librarian
3. Barmaid
4. Hospital cleaner

Four countries I've been to:
1. Hong Kong
2. USA
3. South Africa
4. Rhodesia (when it was still called that)

Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. Tucson
2. Whangarei (NZ)
3. Hamilton Island
4. Yosemite

Four foods I like to eat:
1. Curry
2. Barramundi (fish)
3. Trifle
4. Grilled cheese on toast

Four books you've read or are currently reading:
1. Chapter by Chapter - Heather Sellars
2. Friend of the Devil - Peter Robinson
3. Athletic Shorts - Chris Crutcher
4. A Good Day to Die - Simon Kernick

Four words or phrases you would like to see used more often:
1. I'm having a good day.
2. Thank you.
3. Yes, I have switched my cell phone off.
4. Yes, I will publish your book.

Four reasons for ending a friendship:
1. Betrayal.
2. Racism.
3. Lying.
4. Using (all the time) and never giving.

Four smells that make you feel good about the world:
1. Fresh-mown hay.
2. Barbecue.
3. Chanel perfume.
4. Baby after a bath.

Four favorite activities you did as a kid:
1. Running away.
2. Quizzes at school (our teacher paid us for right answers!)
3. Fishing.
4. Reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... I couldn't agree more with "Yes, I have switched my cell phone off." And of course, "Yes, I will publish your book."

I wish I'd thought of those when I was doing this meme.