Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Workshop Coming...

Over on Paperback Writer's blog, she is in the process of setting up a week of workshops on people's blogs (they are volunteering to run something on a topic and she'll be the central "linker", I think). It will start 28 July.
It sounded like fun, so I've put my hand up to run a workshop here on my blog - my topic is the first 200 words. Of your work in progress. Novel, short story, middle grade or YA - any genre.

I think the idea is that I put up a series of posts with information, pointers, advice and examples, and you respond with your own ideas and thoughts. And I'm thinking also that people could put up their own 200 words (max) and get some feedback. I don't moderate comments here, so I'm expecting and hoping that everyone will play fair, and remember what they learned in Workshop 101 - that's all the stuff about how it's not YOUR story, and you should be constructive, not destructive. Or rude.

As well as my own how-to stuff, I'll be pointing you to other resources, including this one from J.A. Konrath's blog.
Anybody interested?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to workshop!

Sherryl said...

Great! I'm planning my daily post of stuff on beginnings already (tried to think of another word - guidelines, advice, information - came back to stuff!).

Kristi Holl said...

Ohhhh, this is so tempting, but I don't think I can squeeze in one more thing before the end of this month. I have a book due and some search engine stuff to do in the next eight days that's a bit over-whelming already. I know from experience that YOU will offer some great stuff though!

Sherryl said...

That's OK, Kristi, I know what deadlines are like!
You can just read the material, if you like, and not respond. It'll be up there for a long time after next week.